GW Thompson Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out how we will use and protect personal information that you give us when you use our websites at http://foodmanagementsystems (“our Websites”). If you have any questions or comments about this policy please write to Data Controller, GW Thompson Ltd, 44 Felstead Road, Collier Row, Romford, Essex. RM5 3RH. If you have any questions about the security at our website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
By accessing and using our Websites, you signify your agreement to this policy. If you do not agree with the policy, please do not use our Websites. This policy is subject to change. Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page and your continued use of our Websites following the posting of changes will mean you accept those changes.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Websites, subscribing to our services including, where applicable, newswires, booking training courses, posting material, referring colleagues, or requesting further services or information. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our Websites.
- If you contact us through our Websites, whether by sending messages to our email addresses, filling in any forms, using any online chat service or otherwise, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Websites and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our Websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We may receive information about you from other sources (such as one of our partners), which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to help us improve how we provide our services to you.
- We do not ask for any special categories of personal data to be disclosed to us as part of your job application. Depending on the nature of the role, we may have to conduct further checks at a later stage and, where those checks will involve special categories of personal data, we will explain why we need that information and how we intend to use it.
- Personal data about other individuals: If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
(a) give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
(b) receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices;
(c) give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data outside the European Economic Area; and
(d) give consent to the processing of their special category personal data (further details relating to special category personal data is detailed below).
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submissions, but advise users using such processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To allow you to participate in our competitions and promotions, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, telephone or electronic means. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
Disclosure of your information
This website and its owners may share your personal information with any member of its group, which means our subsidiaries, or ultimate holding company (if any) and our subsidiaries (if any), as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. This website and its owners may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
This website and its owners may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that this website and its owners sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If GW Thompson Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of GW Thompson Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third party websites
Accessing and updating personal information
You may inform us at any time should you wish us to delete personal information we hold about you by writing to Company Secretary, GW Thompson Ltd, 44 Felstead Road, Collier Row, Romford, Essex. RM5 3RH. You have a right to access the personal data held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to Data Controller, GW Thompson Ltd, 44 Felstead Road, Collier Row, Romford, Essex. RM5 3RH. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Websites according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our Websites.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff, operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Websites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by writing to Data Controller, GW Thompson Ltd, 44 Felstead Road, Collier Row, Romford, Essex. RM5 3RH.